20 August 2009

Things that have happened to me in Poland while my camera has been out of batteries

1. The Tour de Pologne, a week-long road race through Poland, finished at the park a block away from my dorm. All the big teams were there, and it was really cool to be able to get right up next to the riders. I never realized that despite the fact that they ride for hours every day, the spectators only see them for about 20 seconds! Their open mouths and stooped shoulders really leave you wondering what the heck happens for the other 9 hours, 59 minutes and 40 seconds.

2. I went on another fantastic bike ride myself, to Niepołomice.

3. A friend from college came passing through for a weekend, just in time for a pierogi festival!

4. I have determined to not give up on this blog.

This city is fantastic during the summer; there's always some sponsored event, and since I don't speak Polish that well, it's always a surprise!

2 comments:

費凱蒂 Katie said...

It's too bad I missed the pierogi festival. Who wants to come during a beer festival?

Tano said...

me